Digital flora of Eastern Ghats is developed and maintained by the Research Team at the Herbarium JCB, Centre for Ecological Sciences (CES), Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. This database is designed to help students of biology, ecology, environmental sciences, conservationists, botanists and general public.
- How to use this site?
- The database presents information on flowering plants, gymnosperms, ferns and fern-allies in the Eastern Ghats.
The home page introduces Eastern Ghats and a brief history of its flora. Information about members of the initiative can be accessed from the respective tabs provided in the Home page.
Profile of individual species can be browsed from the alphabetically-sorted lists of botanical names under 'Species' in the drop-down menu 'Index A-Z'. The various taxa are also sorted in their respective plant groups, namely, 'Flowering plants', 'Non-flowering seed plants', 'Ferns and fern-allies'.
Families are also similarly listed alphabetically on the lines of arrangement followed by 'The Plant List' (http://www.theplantlist.org/).
Classification of ferns is as proposed by ''Maarten J.M. Christenhusz, Xian-chun Zhang & Herald Schneider (2011). Linear Sequence of Extant Families and Genera of Lycophytes and Ferns. Phytotaxa 19: 7-54.''
- How the search is carried out?
- The database provides general 'Search' and 'Advanced Search' capabilities.
A general 'Search' engine is provided in the top right-hand corner that enables browsing species page by entering the name or any distinguishing morphological character, distribution details etc.
An 'Advanced search' option is also provided that enables filtered search using the various search criteria as displayed on the 'Advance search' page.
A combination search further enables narrowed search results. (eg. List of species of a 'Genus' in the region as also in a given district/hill via a combination search)
- Image Gallery?
- Images of all species are displayed in the 'Gallery'. The 'Gallery' allows species to be identified by browsing images. Each image is hyperlinked to the corresponding species page.
- A comment widget goes with individual species page that allows users to report corrections or provide feedback.
- Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats by Herbarium JCB team is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Based on work at http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in. No part of the database can be reproduced without prior permission of the Centre for Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Whom to contact for further details?
- For further information, visit 'Contact Us'.