- Family : ACANTHACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Acanthaceae
- Species : Nelsonia canescens
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Nelsonia canescens (Lam.) Spreng.
- Key identification features : Diffuse softly villous herbs. Flowers in villous spikes, pale blue or purple.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : November-June
- Comments : Frequent in moist and shady places and along streams of Eastern Ghats.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Srikakulam district, West Godavari district, Kurnool district, Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Ganjam district, Malkangiri district, Gandamardhan Hills (Bargarh district), Bolangir district, Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Cuttack district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Africa, Madagascar, India, China, Bhutan, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District ; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; E-flora China. FOC Vol. 19 Page 372.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Nelsonia canescens. Downloaded on 10 July 2020.