- Family : CYPERACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Cyperaceae
- Species : Fimbristylis eragrostis
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Fimbristylis eragrostis (Nees) Hance
- Habit : Herb
- Comments : Often on hills above 800 m, on slopes of rocks etc.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Alagar Hills (Madurai district), Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills (Salem district), Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Bodamalai Hills (Salem district), Chitteri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district), Yelagiri Hills (Vellore district, former North Arcot), Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Piranmalai Hills (Sivagangai district), Theerthamalai Hills (Dharmapuri district), Gingee Hill (Villupuram district), Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot) (Tamil Nadu State)
- World Distribution : South Asia, Sri Lanka, India, South China, Hainan, Formosa, Tropical Australia, Malaysia
- Literature : Franklin Benjamin & G.V.S.Murthy, 2013. Flora of Sri Venkateswara National Park, Andhra Pradesh, BSI.; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Fimbristylis eragrostis. Downloaded on 9 August 2020.