- Family : EUPHORBIACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Euphorbiaceae
- Species : Givotia moluccana
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Givotia moluccana (L.) Sreem.
- Common name : White Catamaran Tree
- Vernacular name : Butti mara (Kan.); Thaalamaram, Kottaithanakku, Vellai-poothalai (Tam.); Tella Punki (Tel.)
- Key identification features : A moderate-sized tree with conspicuous, softly white, stellate tomentum on branchlets. Bark whitish outside, yeilds a milky latex. Leaves are simple, broadly ovate or orbicular, reaching a diameter of 10 cm. Coarsely dentate, palmately 5-7 ribbed, long-petioled and densely tomentose beneath. Flowers are unisexual and dioecious. Calyx 5, cohering into a campanulate corolla, disk in male flowers is orbicular and glandular; female flower is cup-like; stamens up to 25, fruit is a drupe.
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : March-July
- Comments : Often on hills of dry deciduous belt from 400-900 m, on slopes. Latex is blood-red, slow-flowing.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bellary district, Kolar district (Karnataka State); Tamil Nadu State; Anantapur district, Kadapa district, Kurnool district, Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State)
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka
- Literature : J.L.Ellis, 1987- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 1; N.P.Singh, 1988. Flora of Eastern Karnataka; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.; Naidu, M.T. & O.A. Kumar (2015). Tree species diversity in the Eastern Ghats of northern Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(8): 7443-7459
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Givotia moluccana. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.