- Family : FABACEAE
(PEA OR BEAN FAMILY)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Leguminosae
- Subfamily : Mimosoideae
- Species : Acacia caesia
- Basionym : Mimosa caesia L.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Acacia caesia (L.) Willd.
- Common name : Black Catechu
- Vernacular name : Aila, Nikuncam (Hin.); Kaadu seege (Kan.); Kari indu, Kar inda (Tam.); Korinta, Kondakorinda, Yerracheeki (Tel.); Dentari (Ori.); Nikunjika (San.)
- Habit : Liana
- Flower, Fruit : September-April
- Comments : Occasional in plains of open forests and scrub forests up to 1000 m along hill slopes.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Salem district, Dharmapuri district, Tiruchirapalli district, Amrithi R.F. (Vellore district, former North Arcot), Tiruvannamalai district (Tamil Nadu State); Simhachalam Hills (Visakhapatnam district), Palakonda Hills (Kadapa district), Chittoor district, Srikakulam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Gajapati district, Ganjam district, Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Koraput district, Cuttack district, Dhenkanal district, Puri district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Malesia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2001 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1994- Flora of Orissa Vol. 1 ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District ; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Acacia caesia. Downloaded on 3 July 2020.