- Family : AIZOACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Molluginaceae
- Species : Glinus oppositifolius
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Glinus oppositifolius (L.) Aug.DC.
- Common name : Hill Mollugo
- Vernacular name : Jima (Hin.); Chadarasi soppu (Kan.); Siruseruppadai, Theruppoondu (Tam.); Pitagama, Pitasag (Ori.)
- Key identification features : A slender decumbent herb. Leaves are fascicled at nodes, shortly petioled, obovate to oblanceolate. Tepals are white, elliptic and glabrous. Stamens 5. Fruit is a capsule.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : November-April
- Comments : In plains to 800 m. Along river banks, fallow fields etc.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bellary district (Karnataka State); Shevaroy Hills (Salem district), Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot) (Tamil Nadu State); Kalasamudram R.F. (Ananthapur district), Nallamalai Hills (Kurnool district), Mamandur Hills (Chittoor district), West Godavari district, Srikakulam district, Dongalacheruvu R.F. (Kadapa district), Visakhapatnam district, Guntur district (Andhra Pradesh State); Koraput district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Pantropical
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2007 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 3; J.L.Ellis, 1987- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 1; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; N.P.Singh, 1988. Flora of Eastern Karnataka; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Glinus oppositifolius. Downloaded on 3 July 2020.