- Family : GENTIANACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Gentianaceae
- Species : Canscora decussata
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Canscora alata (Roth) Wall.
- Vernacular name : Shankhini, Sankhapuli (Hin.); Sankini soppu (Kan.); Chitti akchinta, Sankhaphuli, Janna jaada (Tel.); Paincki mircha (Ori.); Kambumalinee (San.)
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : September-March
- Comments : Often on plains in moist places, exposed slopes, along grasslands up to 800 m.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Alagar Hills (Madurai district), Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills (Salem district), Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Bodamalai Hills (Salem district), Chitteri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district), Yelagiri Hills (Vellore district, former North Arcot), Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Piranmalai Hills (Sivagangai district), Theerthamalai Hills (Dharmapuri district), Gingee Hill (Villupuram district), Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot) (Tamil Nadu State); Chittoor district, Kadapa district, East Godavari district, Kurnool district, Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Angul district, Balasore district, Bolangir district, Cuttack district, Deogarh district, Dhenkanal district, Gajapati district, Ganjam district, Kalahandi district, Kandhamal district, Kendrapada district, Keonjhar district, Khurda district, Koraput district, Malkangiri district, Mayurbhanj district, Rayagada district, Sambalpur district, Sundargarh district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Tropical Africa, Mascarene Islands, India, Sri Lanka, South-East Asia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Canscora decussata. Downloaded on 9 August 2020.