- Family : MELIACEAE
(MAHOGANY FAMILY OR NEEM FAMILY)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Meliaceae
- Species : Aphanamixis polystachya
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Aphanamixis polystachya (Wall.) R.Parker
- Common name : Pithraj Tree, Rohituka Tree
- Vernacular name : Harin hana (Hin.); Mullu muthala, Rohithaca (Kan.); Vellai kongu, Malampulavu, Pechambagai (Tam.); Chawa-manu (Tel.); Mangai, Khanda Gilakusum, Panikusum (Ori.); Rohitakah (San.)
- Key identification features : An evergreen tree with spreading canopy. Bark is grey, thin and flaky. Leaves are large and pinnately compound. Leaflets are entire and opposite. Flowers are in panicles, both bisexual and polygamo-dioecious in nature. Petals are white. Staminal tube is with stamens at base. Fruit is a smooth reddish capsule.
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : August-April
- Comments : Occasional in evergreen forests and in sholas as well. Sometimes grown for its valuable timber.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Kalrayan Hills, Shevaroy Hills (Salem district) (Tamil Nadu State); Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Mahendragiri Hills (Ganjam district), Puri district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Philippines, Pakistan, Nepal, Malesia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2002 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 1; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1994- Flora of Orissa Vol. 1; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Aphanamixis polystachya. Downloaded on 15 July 2020.