- Family : ONAGRACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Onagraceae
- Species : Ludwigia octovalvis
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Ludwigia octovalvis (Jacq.) P.H.Raven
- Common name : Primrose Willow
- Vernacular name : Banlumga (Hin.); Bavakula (Kan.); Bhulavangah, Dakichak (San.); Sevangachedi (Tam.)
- Key identification features : An erect herb with woody, branched stem. Leaves are alternate, linear-lanceolate to elliptic. Flowers are solitary, axillary, up to 2.5 cm. Calyx is quadrangular. Petals 4, broadly obovate. Capsules quadrangular, 8-ribbed, crowned with persistent calyx lobes.
- Habit : Undershrub
- Flower, Fruit : Throughout the Year
- Comments : On hills above 400 m in perennially moist places like marshes, ponds and along river banks.
- Conservation Status : Least Concern (LC)
- Distribution Locality : Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district), Yelagiri Hills (Vellore district, former North Arcot), Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Salem district, Pacchamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot) (Tamil Nadu State); Chittoor district, Gani R.F. (Kurnool district), Palakonda R.F. (Kadapa district), Araku Valley (Visakhapatnam district), West Godavari district, Rampa Hills (East Godavari district), Srikakulam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district) (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Tropics of World
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2007 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 3; J.L.Ellis, 1987- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 1; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.1. ; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Ludwigia octovalvis. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.