- Family : ORCHIDACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Orchidaceae
- Species : Geodorum densiflorum
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Geodorum densiflorum (Lam.) Schltr.
- Key identification features : Terrestrial herbs.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : June-October
- Comments : Often on hills from 700-1400 m, either on sun or exposed slopes in crevices of rocks or in shade, on shola floor, etc.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills, Kalrayan Hills (Salem district) (Tamil Nadu State); Srikakulam district, Visakhapatnam district, Vijayanagaram district, East Godavari district, West Godavari district, Krishna district, Guntur district, Prakasham district, Kurnool district, Nellore district, Kadapa district, Ananthapur district, Chittoor district (Andhra Pradesh State); Khammam district, Nalgonda district, Mehbubnagar district (Telangana State); Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Ganjam district, Rayagada district, Cuttack district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar, China, Bangladesh, Malesia, Philippines and Ryukyu.
- Literature : J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 3 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; Prasad, K et al 2012 Conservation of Wild Orchids in Sri Krishnadevaraya University Botanic Garden, Ananthapur, Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 4(7); Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (2). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Geodorum densiflorum. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.