- Family : ANNONACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Annonaceae
- Species : Miliusa tomentosa
- Basionym : Uvaria tomentosa Roxb.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Unresolved
- Vernacular name : Kirua (Hin.); Chilkadudi, Budda duduga, Barre duduga (Tel.); Patmosso, Gandha palasa, Gonda palasu (Ori.)
- Key identification features : Small trees. Bark and blaze aromatic. Leaves are elliptic or ovate-lanceolate, acute, rounded at base. Flowers are solitary or in leaf-opposed terminal, short cymes. Bracts ovate, deciduous with a filiform pedicel. Sepals are linear-lanceolate, outer petals are linear, longer than sepals; inner petals are oblong. Stamens many. Fruitlets stalked, subglobose and tomentose.
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : May-July
- Comments : Occasional in dry deciduous forests and especially in Sal forests. Leaves and seeds are used in treatment of rheumatoid arthiritis (Franklin & Murthy, 2013).
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district) (Tamil Nadu State); Visakhapatnam district, Maredumilli Hills (East Godavari district), Nallamalai Hills (Kurnool district), Tirumala Hills (Chittoor district) (Andhra Pradesh State); Sambalpur district, Puri district, Angul district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Nepal, Sri Lanka
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2002 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 1; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1994- Flora of Orissa Vol. 1 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; Franklin Benjamin & G.V.S.Murthy, 2013. Flora of Sri Venkateswara National Park, Andhra Pradesh, BSI.; Naidu, M.T. & O.A. Kumar (2015). Tree species diversity in the Eastern Ghats of northern Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(8): 7443-7459
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Miliusa tomentosa. Downloaded on 10 July 2020.