- Family : APOCYNACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Apocynaceae
- Species : Wrightia tinctoria
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Wrightia tinctoria R.Br.
- Common name : Milky Way Tree, Pala Indigo Plant
- Vernacular name : Mitha-indrajou, Dodhi, Indrajau (Hin.); Kare kodasiga, Hale neeli kodumurki (Kan.); Vetpalai, Veppaalai, Irumpaalai (Tam.); Tella paala, Amukuda, Ankuda, Jedda paala, Akupala, Doddipala, Teddapala, Pala kordsha, Reppala, Chitti ankudu, Jeddepala, Palavara (Tel.); Pita karuan, Duda keruain, Dudhokriya, Kryo, Set kure (Ori.); Shweta Kudaja (San.)
- Key identification features : Small deciduous tree. Leaves elliptic-lanceolate, acute at base, acuminate at apex, glabrous or puberulous beneath. Flowers in terminal or axillary lax cymes. Corolla white or yellowish, with fimbriate coronal scales. Follicles 2, 15-50 cm long, cylindrical, cohering at apex.
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : April-August
- Comments : On plains and hills to 1500 m in scrub jungles and deciduous forests.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Bellary district, Kolar district (Karnataka State); Odappatti R.F., Hoganekkal R.F. (Dharmapuri district), Salem district (Tamil Nadu State); Srikakulam district, Visakhapatnam district, East Godavari district, West Godavari district, Guntur district, Prakasham district, Kurnool district, Kadapa district (Andhra Pradesh State); Khammam district, Nalgonda district, Mehbubnagar district (Telangana State); Ganjam district, Cuttack district, Gandamardhan Hills (Bargarh district) (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Myanmar, Timor
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; N.P.Singh, 1988. Flora of Eastern Karnataka; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Wrightia tinctoria. Downloaded on 10 July 2020.