- Family : SALICACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Salicaceae
- Species : Salix tetrasperma
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Salix tetrasperma Roxb.
- Common name : Indian Willow
- Vernacular name : Bes, Bains, Bilsa, Luila, Bod, Bent, Jalmala (Hin.); Neravanji (Kan.); Neernochi, Neervanji (Tam.); Eeti pisinika, Konda ganneru, Eeti pala (Tel.); Paani begunia, Baisi, Barija, Pani jamo (Ori.); Jala vetasa (San.)
- Key identification features : A medium-sized deciduous tree that grows along water bodies. Bark steel grey, furrowed and scaly. Leaves are simple and shiny with a characteristic margin, minutely irregularly toothed. Flowers appear simultaneously with new flush of leaves, are small and unisexual in separate catkin inflorescences. Male flowers are yellowish, fragrant. Female flowers are greenish. Fruit is dry and dehiscent.
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : October-March
- Comments : Often on plains by watercourses and grows as a lofty trees on hills.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Tamil Nadu State; Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Ganjam district, Gajapati district, Kalahandi district, Angul district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Afghanistan, Indo-China, Malesia, South China, Nepal
- Literature : H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1994- Flora of Orissa Vol. 1; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Salix tetrasperma. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.