- Family : SAPINDACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Sapindaceae
- Species : Dimocarpus longan
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Dimocarpus longan Lour.
- Vernacular name : Sempovan, Kattupuvan (Tam.)
- Key identification features : A medium-sized tree with heavily foliaged branches. Leaves are alternate, pinate, leaflets 2-3 pairs,shiny. Inflorescence axis as well as sepals are yellow and pubscent while the petals are white. Fruit a globose with brownish outer shell-like skin, inner white juicy pulp surrounding the dark brown seed. Fruit edible.
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : February-September
- Native : Indo-Malaysia, South-East Asia
- Comments : Occasional in evergreen forests of sholas above 1000 m. Berries edible.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills (Salem district), Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Bodamalai Hills (Salem district), Chitteri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Melagiri hills (Dharmapuri district) (Tamil Nadu State)
- World Distribution : India, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Hainan, Malay Peninsula, Java, Borneo, Phillipines, New Guinea
- Literature : Parthsarathy, N & Pragasan , A L 2009. Check List 5(3):542-569; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Dimocarpus longan. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.