- Family : SCROPHULARIACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Linderniaceae
- Species : Lindernia anagallis
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Lindernia anagallis (Burm. f.) Pennell
- Key identification features : An erect or decumbent herb. Leaves are shortly petiolate, ovate or obscurely serrate-truncate or cordate. Flowers are axillary, white with a pale violet margin.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : May-December
- Comments : Occasional on hills to 1400 m. Gregarious and locally abundant in marshy places.
- Conservation Status : Least Concern (LC)
- Distribution Locality : Alagar Hills (Madurai district), Kolli Hills (Namakkal district), Shevaroy Hills (Salem district), Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Pachamalai Hills (Tiruchirapalli district), Bodamalai Hills (Salem district), Chitteri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district), Yelagiri Hills (Vellore district, former North Arcot), Dharmapuri Hills (Dharmapuri district), Piranmalai Hills (Sivagangai district), Theerthamalai Hills (Dharmapuri district), Gingee Hill (Villupuram district), Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot) (Tamil Nadu State); Srikakulam district, Visakhapatnam district, West Godavari district, East Godavari district (Andhra Pradesh State); Ganjam district, Koraput district, Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Sambalpur district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Malaysia, South-East Asia, Tropical Australia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.1.; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.; Naidu, M.T, O.A. Kumar & M. Venkaiah (2015). Vascular plant diversity in the sacred grove of Modapalli in Viskhapatnam District of Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(10): 7683-7690
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Lindernia anagallis. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.