- Family : SCROPHULARIACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Linderniaceae
- Species : Lindernia crustacea
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Lindernia crustacea (L.) F.Muell.
- Vernacular name : Verla Kammi (Tel.)
- Key identification features : A glabrous erect or diffuse herb. Leaves are petiolate, ovate and penninerved. Calyx is shallowly lobed. Corolla is pale pink to violet. Capsule is obovate, exceeding the calyx.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : July-January
- Comments : Often on plains and on low-lying pasture-lands, river banks, wastelands, rail tracks, fallow fields and on floor of scrub jungles.
- Conservation Status : Least Concern (LC)
- Distribution Locality : Javadhu Hills (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot) (Tamil Nadu State); Palakonda Hills (Kadapa district), Tirumala Hills (Chittoor district), Kurnool district, Vijayanagaram district, Visakhapatnam district, Srikakulam district, West Godavari district (Andhra Pradesh State)
- World Distribution : Tropical & Sub-tropical Asia, India, Australia, Polynesia, Tropical Africa and America
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District ; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.1.; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Lindernia crustacea. Downloaded on 8 August 2020.