- Family : TILIACEAE
(LINDEN FAMILY OR JUTE FAMILY)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Malvaceae
- Species : Grewia serrulata
- Synonym : Grewia disperma Rottl. ex Spreng.; Grewia glabra Blume
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Grewia serrulata DC.
- Vernacular name : Potriki, Pegala (Tel.)
- Habit : Tree
- Flower, Fruit : April-December
- Comments : Common along streams in mixed forests of Eastern Ghats. There seems to be no agreement on the geographical distribution of this species. The identification of this taxon, Western Ghats vs Eastern Peninsula collections also needs to be reassesed. We follow R.S.Rao (Flora of West Godavari district, 1986) in keeping G.serrulata DC. and G.glabra Blume as synonyms.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : B.R.Hills (Chamarajnagar district) (Karnataka State); Araku Valley, Sunkarimetta Hills, Anantagiri Hills, Gudem Valley (Visakhapatnam district), Rampa Hills, Bison Hills (East Godavari district), West Godavari district (Andhra Pradesh State); Puri district, Angul district, Mayurbhanj district, Ganjam district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India, Tropical Africa, Myanmar, Malay archipelago, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, Indo-China, Australia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2002 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 1; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.; Saldanha, C.J. 1996. Flora of Karnataka. Vol. 1; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1994- Flora of Orissa Vol. 1
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Grewia serrulata. Downloaded on 11 August 2020.