- Family : ASCLEPIADACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Apocynaceae
- Species : Caralluma adscendens
- Variety : adscendens
- Basionym : Stapelia adscendens Roxb.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Caralluma adscendens (Roxb.) R.Br.
- Vernacular name : Vaddaramegate (Kan.); Eluvan, Muyal kombu chedi (Tam.); Kundeti kommulu, Kar allum (Tel.)
- Endemism : Peninsular India
- Key identification features : A succulent herb; stem is often marked with reddish streaks, apex slightly; leaf-scar acute, produced tubercle; leaves are small, only on young parts, lanceolate, purplish, acute at apex. Flowers are more or less pendulous, non- hairy. Calyx 5-lobed, greenish. Corolla 5-lobed, spotted with purple on the base of inner side, transversely striped with dark purple inside the lower half or sometimes pale colored. Corona staminal, biseriate, outer annular with two filiform filamentous, alternating with anther lobes; inner corona flap-like, overlapping anther-lobes. Stamens 5, pollinia five, solitary in each cell, yellow waxy, caudicle brown, corpuscle dark brown. Follicle usually solitary, linear-lanceolate, tapering towards the apex, apex beaked, glabrous. Seeds many, oblong or obovate, base rounded, dark-brown, margin light brown, 1 mm wide, coma silky, 2-3 cm long.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : July-December
- Native : India
- Comments : On foothills and hill slopes to 900 m, in sheltered places amongst rocky crevices and inside thickets away from grazing.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Sathanur Forest (Tiruvannamalai district, former North Arcot), Sirumalai Hills (Dindigul district) (Tamil Nadu State); Kurnool district, Palakonda Hills (Kadapa district), West Godavari district, Raivada R.F. (Srikakulam district), Nagarjunakonda Hills (Guntur district), Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Molachintapally forest (Mehbubnagar district) (Telangana State); Parlakhemundi Hills (Gajapati district), Ganjam district, Cuttack district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : India
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Caralluma adscendens var. adscendens. Downloaded on 10 July 2020.