- Family : ASTERACEAE
(ASTER or SUNFLOWER FLOWER)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Compositae
- Species : Blumea mollis
- Basionym : Conyza axillaris Lam.
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Blumea axillaris (Lam.) DC.
- Common name : Pink Blumea
- Key identification features : An aromatic herb with hairy stem. Leaves are sub-sessile, obovate and white-hairy beneath. Heads in panicles and bisexual. Florets are purple with achenes angled.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : November-April
- Comments : On plains fom coast to 1200 m, in fallow fields, wastelands, tank bunds and paddy fields.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Kalrayan Hills (Salem district), Tiruvannamalai district, Gingee Hills (Villupuram district) (Tamil Nadu State); Veligonda Hills (Nellore district), Visakhapatnam district, East Godavari district, Kurnool district, West Godavari district, Srikakulam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Ganjam district, Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Karlapat Wildlife Sanctuary (Kalahandi district) (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Tropical Africa, Asia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2007 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 3; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District ; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.; Naidu, M.T, O.A. Kumar & M. Venkaiah (2015). Vascular plant diversity in the sacred grove of Modapalli in Viskhapatnam District of Andhra Pradesh, India. Journal of Threatened Taxa 7(10): 7683-7690
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Blumea mollis. Downloaded on 3 July 2020.