- Family : ASTERACEAE
(ASTER or SUNFLOWER FLOWER)
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Compositae
- Species : Elephantopus scaber
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Elephantopus scaber L.
- Common name : Prickly leaved Elephant's foot
- Vernacular name : Gobhi (Hin.); Hakkarike, Nela mucchilu (Kan.); Manjur chendi, Hasti kalaka, Hasta padi (Tel.); Tutamuli, Tatmuli, Meghuchuria, Mayur chandrika, Mayur chulia, Dasti gatcho, Amtuliya, Chhota-rasna (Ori.); Hasthi padi, Gojihva, Mayura shika (San.)
- Key identification features : A stiff herb, stem usually dichotomously branched. Heads homogamous, discoid, purple.
- Habit : Herb
- Flower, Fruit : August-January
- Comments : Common on the floor of moist areas of the forests.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Srikakulam district, West Godavari district, Visakhapatnam district (Andhra Pradesh State); Koraput district, Kalahandi district, Similipal Hills (Mayurbhanj district), Keonjhar district (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Tropical Africa, India, China, Sri Lanka, Himalaya, Myanmar, Malesia, Taiwan, Australia
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2007 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 3; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District; H. O. Saxena and M. Brahmam, 1989 - The Flora of Similipal, Orissa; Matthew, K.M., The Flora of Tamil Nadu Carnatic, Vol.3 (1). Diocesan Press, Madras. 1983.
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Elephantopus scaber. Downloaded on 9 July 2020.