- Family : CONVOLVULACEAE
- Family (as per The Plant List) : Convolvulaceae
- Species : Argyreia nervosa
- Species Name (as per The Plant List) : Argyreia nervosa (Burm. f.) Bojer
- Common name : Elephant Creeper
- Vernacular name : Samandar-ka-pat, Samandar-sok (Hin.); Chandrapada (Kan.); Samutrappachai, Kakkatan (Tam.); Samudra pala, Chandra pala (Tel.); Mundanoi (Ori.)'; Bastantri (San.)
- Key identification features : A large climbing shrub, with woody stem hollow and young branches white-tomentose and with a milky latex. Leaves are simple, large, cordate, entire, glabrous above and fulvous-tomentose beneath. Flowers are a few, sub-capitate 1-2 flowered cymes. Bracts 3-5 large, ovate-lanceolate, apically acute, softly pilose outside and glabrous within. Corolla rose-purple, funnel-shaped with stamens inserted within; anthers pinkish-white, filaments papillose. Ovary conical and glabrous. Style single and stigma biglobose. Fruits indehiscent, dry and fruiting sepals accrescent, leathery and persistant. Seeds glabrous 2-4, brown in colour.
- Habit : Climbing Shrub
- Flower, Fruit : July-April
- Comments : Occasional in open forests and scrub jungles of Eastern Ghats.
- Conservation Status : Not Evaluated (NE)
- Distribution Locality : Penukonda Hills (Ananthapur district), Visakhapatnam district, East Godavari district, Srisailam Hills (Kurnool district), West Godavari district, Nellore district, Salur Forest (Srikakulam district), Krishna district (Andhra Pradesh State); Mahendragiri Hills (Ganjam district) (Odisha State)
- World Distribution : Cultivated in many tropics
- Literature : Pullaiah et al., 2011 - Flora of Eastern Ghats Vol. 4; J.L.Ellis, 1990- Flora of Nallamalais Vol. 2; H.O. Saxena & M. Brahmam, 1995- Flora of Orissa Vol. 2 ; R. S. Rao et al., 1986 - Flora of West Godavari District ; R. S. Rao and S. H. Sreeramulu, 1986 - Flora of Srikakulam District
- Citation : Sankara Rao, K., Arun Singh R., Deepak Kumar, Raja K Swamy and Navendu Page (2016). Digital Flora of Eastern Ghats. http://easternghats.ces.iisc.ernet.in/plants.php?name=Argyreia nervosa. Downloaded on 15 July 2020.